Okay, I've always heard parents say, "when you have kids, time starts to fly by". But, I never really knew what they meant until I became a parent myself.
Holy smokes. Each day he is changing, and each day is passing EXTREMELY fast. Saturday he turned a month old. What?!
Now, I know that doesn't seem like a huge amount to most, but if I think about where this past month has gone, I wouldn't be able to tell you. Sure, there's been doctor's appointments and visits from friends and family, but it seems like it all zipped by in the blink of an eye. I'm scared to think that the next 11 months are going to be the same. I want to take in and hold on to each moment that he's little. I don't want him to grow up too fast.
And every time I mention it, I get other parents who say "You think time has gone fast for you? My child is..." 16, 19, 30...etc. Which scares me even more. To think that I'll sneeze and Andrew will suddenly be on his way to University or having kids of his own...
*pauses*
Well, that's just crazy.
I'm sure I'm not the first parent to say that I wish there were some way that I could keep him this small, this needy, this fragile and cute... So, why hasn't anyone come up with a concoction to do so yet?
Oh, I know. I've been told.
"Just wait til he's 3 months and he coos and smiles at you"
"Just wait til he's 12 months and crawling and eating solids"
"Just wait til he's 4 years and gives your fingerpainting with 'I love Mommy' on them"
Just wait til, just wait til...
I know there's so much to come. So much of him I'll see and learn about. But I can't help just wanting to freeze time now.
Sure, I'm not always getting sleep at night right now. I've got twice the amount of laundry and barely time to take a shower during the day (lucky for me, I'm getting a blog-moment in now while he naps in a carrier on the table in front of me). But he's just so cute at one month old... I'm scared how much he's changing every day, and I feel like I have to stare long and hard at him before bedtime, 'cause I know he's going to be a new boy the next morning.
I already look at pictures of him from when we brought him home from the hospital leading up until today. It's so strange to see that he's transformed so much in such a short amount of time.....
Day One
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Week Four
One Month


















ADORABLE!!!!! Oh what a little sweetie!
ReplyDeleteSigh... they really do grow up in a blink of an eye ~ but I guess you are learning that already.
I can't believe my 'wee' boy is 20 years old. I still remember one of the very last times I rocked my sweet boy to sleep. He was almost too big for me to rock him anymore and he had been asleep for quite awhile and my arm was dead asleep but I kept rocking and rocking him. I knew I wouldn't get many more opportunities to do so.
Oh my stars... now I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it!!!
OK ~ not to worry ~ you have many many opportunities to rock your sweet boy. Grab it every chance you can my friend.
Have your read Robert Munsch's "Love You Forever" book yet? Now, there's a tear jerker!!! Here's a link to the story (it's short) if you have never read it before. But you really need to see the pictures too. http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/loveforever.htm
OK... I have to go give my 'baby' a hug now....
Enjoy your sweet bundle of joy friend!
xo Catherine