Probably came as a surprise to many, as I've always been known as being the crazy cat lady my whole life. I'm not really sure how many people would have thought that I'd actually consider having an actual human baby. Including myself. Thinking I would probably only ever have fur children, because that's where my heart was.
Being the youngest of five children, I never dreamed that I would be one to have kids. Though, as each sibling continued to pop out another human, and I continued to get older, I started to reconsider that maybe these little things can be as cute as a fuzzy little feline.
...Possibly a lot more work though.
A couple of years ago, I decided I wanted to become a cat foster mama for a couple of the shelters in my community. I started a blog and mingled with many other foster mamas. I love doing it, volunteering my time to help sick and homeless kitties. Something I planned to continue to do.... Until I woke up one sunny Sunday morning to that positive pee stick staring at me in the face.
Okay, I admit, we did sorta plan for it. Little did I know how quickly these things can happen though. Given that our doctor told us we may have about a year before anything could happen.
Surprise! It can also take one try, apparently.
Now, this isn't to say I won't pick up my volunteering and fostering in the future... but when I found out about a new human coming, we decided it would be best that I put it all on hold until things settle down at the house again.
Today, I am at 34 and a half weeks pregnant (of 40, for those who are not familiar with this process). A little late getting back into the blogosphere, but it's been a rollercoaster of months the past little while -- which I plan to get into more detail on here.
"Haha" the mothers are saying. I know that I -think- I'll be on here posting... but I'm sure I'll be mostly consumed with days and nights filled with feedings, diapers, and sleepless nights. But, I will do what I can.
On top of things, because of this 'rollercoaster of months', I will be induced early, at 36-37 weeks. Which shortens the time that I have at this stage. I will do my best to keep on top of things though, I promise.
So, this is the beginning as of right now. More fun to come!
Our hairless kitten at about 3 months along.

It's all very exciting isn't it? It's unbelievable how fast your wee babe will capture your heart. Hang on tight ~ they grow up fast ~ as I still can't believe that my 'baby' just turned 20 years old.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling well!
xo Catherine
LOL!! Love the new blog. I bet it will soon be loaded with adorable photos!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Mom xoxo
Oooh, I can't wait to read more! Yay for baby blog! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the newest "permanent resident"!! So very exciting!
ReplyDeleteOh, how exciting! We're glad we went by your cat blog today.
ReplyDelete